For your convenience, you can download the webinar slides here.
- How does your grantmaking strategy align with the evaluation/impact goals you set?
- Do your expectations for reporting data vs story-telling differ and why?
- What is ideal when it comes to how your grantees should interact with you?
- How involved do you want to be in their work?
- What does it look like to truly partner with grantees around achieving shared outcomes?
These questions and more are at the core of how your mission and vision (or purpose) comprise your grantmaking strategy and style - and what that means for how you communicate with your grantees around impact. While grantmakers and grantseekers typically have similar goals when it comes to doing good and making a difference in their communities, there can be different ideas on how to do this best. In this session, we share a “tool” that may help grantmakers support their nonprofits in ways that elevate their collective goals and assist grantees in enhancing their work and strengthen their capacity as a result.
- Learn about how funder "type" may impact communications and relationships with grantees, especially around evaluation.
- Understand how the "type" of funder you are can help shape expectations, processes, and the support provided along the way when it comes to data collection, measurement and assessing impact.
- Explore stories that reflect the genuine partnership between funders and grantees related to evaluation.
**Remember - funders can operate differently for different types of programming, issue areas or portfolios. The key is to consider these questions and set expectations before asking grantees to collect information, provide documentation, and report out, etc.
Transcript available upon request. email: webinars@Foundant.com
The funder styles tool referenced in this webinar will help guide you through questions to ask and practices to examine in order to understand what your funding style is and how you can connect it to your evaluation strategy.