Amanda Day, GPC and Kimberly Hays de Muga, GPC
Amanda and Kimberly are the cohosts of Fundraising HayDay, a podcast about grants and such. Together they bring over 50 years of grant, fundraising, project management, and “other duties as assigned” experience to the show. With episodes dropping every other Thursday, you’ll hear from industry experts about monthly giving, the art of storytelling, the power of social media, and so much more. Kimberly and Amanda have been known to lament about the need for change in our field, from ways to fix the application forms and online portals to moving towards trust-based funding.
Amanda has a background in local government, with a focus on federal and state grant writing and management; Kimberly is well-versed in foundation and corporate grant funding and fundraising, thanks to service in the human services field. They both serve on the Board of Directors for the Grant Professionals Association, have a fondness for tea, and are avid readers. Their similarities end when it comes to how they season their grits, and on some issues it’s okay to agree to disagree.
- Fundraising HayDay Podcast: https://www.fundraisinghayday.com/
- Grant Professionals Association (GPA): https://grantprofessionals.org/default.aspx (look here for membership, annual grant conference and nominating grantmaker of the year)
- Leave anonymous feedback for funders at GrantAdvisor: https://grantadvisor.org/ (#FixTheForm & #100FormsIn100Days efforts http://blog.grantadvisor.org/fixtheform/ )
- @NonprofitAF on Twitter and website: www.nonprofitAF.com
- National committee of responsive philanthropy (NCRP): https://www.ncrp.org/
- Community centric fundraising https://communitycentricfundraising.org/
- 2 book recommendations:
- Decolonizing Wealth: https://www.amazon.com/Decolonizing-Wealth-Indigenous-Divides-Restore/dp/1523097892
- Collecting Courage: https://www.amazon.com/Collecting-Courage-Pain-Freedom-Love/dp/1927375657/
and your question might be heard in a future episode!