For your convenience, you can download the presentation slides here.
Applying for federal grants can – to put it mildly – be daunting. In this training, presenter Julie Assel, GPC makes it easier by guiding participants through the major components, the key similarities and differences between foundation and federal grants, and how policy can impact the timelines of federal grant opportunities and deadlines. She then guides you through some of the pitfalls and highlights of writing federal grants, including planning, writing, submission, management, and the hotly debated topics of writing styles and budgets/finances.
What you’ll learn:
- Examine major trends in federal funding and how to find appropriate grant opportunities for your organization as an awardee or as a partner agency
- Examine key similarities and differences between foundation and federal grants
- Learn about whether federal grants are more difficult to manage
- Learn about federal planning approaches and writing styles
- Learn about factors impacting budgets
To continue the conversation from the session, check out this discussion on Compass - A Foundant Community.
About the AuthorMore Content by Julie Assel